Thursday, August 7, 2008

Waiting for my rocket to come...


So, it's official. My mission papers have been sent! Well, actually they were sent last week, but I've been a lazy blogger. Anywho, I thought I'd make it publically known to all so you can start brainstorming brilliant ideas for MTC packages.

Does this all seem a bit sudden to you? Don't worry. You're not alone. The mission came up somewhat randomly in my life. I've always wanted to go, but honestly never felt like it would be right to go. I prayed about it a lot when I was 19, and again when I was 20, but didn't feel like it was an extremely pressing item of business that I needed to prepare for. Finally, when I was approaching 21, I prayed about it and felt again that it wasn't right, so I threw in the towel and set my course to graduate from the Y in the spring of 2009. End of story, right? Wrong. This past spring the mission came up in a conversation with a close friend. It sparked something inside of me. I decided to inquire one more time. This time around I felt shockingly different. I felt good about it. I kept thinking, "Are you sure God? Are you sure it's really ok for me to go? You're not playing any tricks on me?" I was so flippin' excited to feel that God was finally giving me his stamp of approval. Woot!

I'm excited to start a new chapter of my life. I know that I will be missing everyone and I'm only starting to realize how much I will be sacrificing (I've got a sweet little life set up here in P-town), but I am also excited to do something so challenging! Admitedly, I am also terrified, and nervous, and extremely anxious and impatient to receive my call. And all I can do now is wait for my call and learn a lesson in patience.

Anywho, I love you all and will let you know when I receive my call!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Humm, I don't know if you will get any "brilliant MTC packages" now that you are going to an England MTC. I don't think a Gandolfo's sandwich will taste too good after its trip. Maybe I will just send you a Hershey's bar. Wait...European chocolate is much better. I am out of ideas...