Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Mission Call To Trump All Others!


I slid the heavy cream paper out of the envelope and saw one thing: Manchester England. And then? Jumping, screaming, and giggling. "Where are you going?!?" my family members exclaimed. "I'm going back!" I said, "I'm going to England!"

I received my call exactly one week ago and still can't believe my luck. Holy cow! I'm going to England on my mission! Could my life possible get any better? Could I feel any more blessed? I could not. It is a dream to me and I feel like the Lord is spoiling me beyond anything I deserve. Not only do I have a mega crush on anything that is British, but this is also the mission that my late father served, which is especially sentimental for me.

I report on November 21st to the Preston MTC. Until then I will be taking block classes at BYU and living/working in Provo.

I truly feel that the Lord is blessing me in every way possible. Before I turned in my papers I was worried about the timing of my call. I still need to take one more semester of Spanish in order to fulfill my GE requirements. I considered staying another semester and putting my availability date near the end of December, when the semester ends. However, I strongly felt that I needed to turn my papers in as soon as I could, and so I did hoping that everything else could be taken care of. I'm happy to say that things are working out really well for me. I found a place I can stay for just a couple months and I've also been able to work with the chair of the Spanish department who has granted me permission to audit the class I need and test out of the course before I leave for the mission. I know that the Lord's hand has been in all of this tricky logistic business and I am so grateful that He loves me and is looking out for the little details in my life.

Since I received my call, I've been pouring through the photos from my study abroad in England last summer. Here are a few photos from my mission area.
























































Anywho, I am so happy with the prospect of serving. Thanks to everyone for all your encouragement and support.

Love,
Sister Mather

1 comment:

maremee said...

AH! I love it and I love you. I'm still so excited for you I can hardly stand it.