Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bright!

Hey fam,
It's been another great week here in the motherland. We're spending the next few nights in Wiltshire on the south end of england. We just spent the last few days on the Isle of Wight where Tennyson hung out and wrote his best poetry. I'm finally in the groove of things and my writing is finally coming along. I've been working on my autobiography, among other things, so it will be fun to share with ya'll when it's finished, since it's mostly about all of you.
I don't have much time, but i thought i'd share one of the more amusing stories of the week. While we were in Oxford we saw Guys and Dolls and afterwards decided to go dancing...yes, yes, i know, wild and wreckless...but we had mace!!! It was pretty amusing to go into the dance club with our mormified stake dance moves. In the beginning, people gave us strange sideways glances and peculiar looks. It was obvious that we didn't fit in. Many boys became confused, wondering why we wouldn't dance with them. Haha. But little by little, they began to mimmick our moves. Yup, we had a whole slooth of british techno-dancers jamming out mormon style. Now here's the crowning moment. We were talking to the bouncers on the way out and one of them said, "You girls are different. I can't put my finger on it, but you're just...bright?....yeah, that's the only way to describe it. Bright!" Gospel moment? I didn't think a pub would have been the best place to pull out a Book of Mormon....but it was neat.
The pictures of graduation and mother's day were great to see. I really support the whole lot of our family joining in on the Picasa picture sharing fun. I couldn't believe that Daniel and Rachel found yet another way to revive the Jenny Doll. A vase-how thoughtful. Please eat an extra pork salad for me as you watch the american idol finale.
We toured a the Salisbury cathedral today where a page of the Magna Carta is on display. So cool. Tomorrow morning we're waking up at 4:30 am to walk to Stone Henge, this way we can actually go up to the stones and sit around them. Later on in the day, visitors can only see them from a distance. Judging from our group's history, i'm sure some pagan something or other might transpire.
Anywho, my internet time here is almost up.
Much love,
Ev

3 comments:

Cheryl and Dave said...

Hey Evey,

We will think of you while we watch the finale, but instead of pork salad, is it alright if we eat won tons for you? We decided to break tradition and eat something other than Cafe Rio. Crazy, I know. Anywho. Hopefully you are having many other Bright moments. We love and miss you like crazy!

Daniel said...

Ev,
You missed nothing with the AI finale. In short, it sucked. But as always the company was good. (Cheryl and Dave are always such hospitable folk.) :)
Yeah, we revived the Jennie head and now it is laid to rest. We requested it come to an end before things get really twisted. Though I must admit that it felt very odd cutting open her head and pulling out foam to fit a vase. Ewwww. Creepy.
Well, it is 5:30 AM and I must be off to the daily grind. I hope you enjoyed the Isle of Wight....did you get to go to Sandown? Apparently it is a really cool town. I tell ya, Rachel and I need to get over to England and Europe. Though that may be a little hard with a kid in tow. Rachel is doing good though so I hope you are excited to be an aunt again.
I am off to play around with molten metal......Take care.
-Daniel

Rachel said...

Actually, it is not the "Jenny" or "Jennie" doll. Her name is Karen. I just thought I would let you know.

Anyways, I am glad to hear that things are going well on another continent. I bet you are loving life and getting super buff. It's weird not having you around, though I am glad you were spared from watching American Idol - but the wontons sure were good.

I am excited to read your autobiography, I hope it is all about me (in a roundabout sort of way).

Love,
Rachel